Company creation in Business Central

Company creation in Business Central


Dynamics 365 Business Central comes with two default companies as mentioned below:

- Demonstration Company
- My Company (An empty Company)




Switching between companies is very easy, business user can just manage it through My Settings.
When we business user/Implementation Partner want to create new company as per requirements, In Business Central it is very easy to create new company with the help of Assisted Setup Wizard.

Business Central has three different types of companies templates based on the requirements, which makes application very flexible and friendly.




1. Evaluation - Sample Data
- Cronus Company Sample Data / Setup Data 

Create a company based on the Business Central license functionality scope containing everything you need to evaluate the product for companies with standard processes. For example, sample invoices and ledger entries allow you to view charts and reports.

2. Production - Setup Data Only
- Setup Data Only

Create a company similar to My Company based on the Business Central license functionality scope containing data and setup, such as a chart of accounts and payment methods ready for use by companies with standard processes. Set up your own items and customers, and start posting right away.
  
3. Create New - No Data
No Sample Data / No Setup Data

It will Create a blank company.

So, Choice of the Assisted Setup Wizard is based on the requirement/scenario, If we (Implementation Partner) are setting up new company for Go-Live preparation  then option-3 (Create New-No Data) is more feasible option sometimes option-2 (Production - Setup Data Only) is also a good choice if we have a successful User Acceptance Test from the client side with complete setup data.   

PS: This article is based on my best knowledge of the Dynamics NAV, any suggestions/feedback are welcome!

Thanks!

Jaymesh Shah


Comments

  1. “I could not have closed on my first home without Mr, Benjamin Lee ! Benjamin and his team went above and beyond for me on this transaction. He handled my very tight turn around time with ease and was always available for me when I had questions (and I had plenty), even when he was away from the office, which I greatly appreciated! He and his team handled many last-minute scrambles with the seller and worked tirelessly to make sure that I could close before my lease (and my down payment assistance, for that matter) expired. Mr Benjamin is incredibly knowledgeable Loan Officer, courteous, and patient. I went through a couple offers on properties before my final purchase and Benjamin was there to help with each one, often coordinating with my agent behind the scenes. I felt supported throughout the entire process. Thanks to Benjamin and the tireless efforts of his team, I am now a proud home owner! I would encourage you to consider Benjamin Briel Lee for any kind of loan.Mr, Benjamin Lee Contact informaions.via WhatsApp +1-989-394-3740  Email- 247officedept@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The number of brand names, product names and even domain names for your business with this upcoming brand naming course are effortless. Particularly, the names developed will be names that get noticed, and increase sales tenfold.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Managing IFRS/IAS Compliance with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central

Microsoft Dynamics NAV Integration with Power BI

Dynamics NAV: How To Start With Automated Application Testing